We are already very excited about the prospect of our 2018 Yorkshire Dales Cheese Festival and this year we want it to be even bigger and better!
There are so many ways to get involved, whether you are local, a visitor or a Yorkshire Dales business.
From Saturday 15 to Sunday 23 September 2018, all across the Yorkshire Dales, we are asking restaurants, cafes, farms and attractions to come together to champion the fantastic range of food that is produced right here on our doorstep. Continue reading “Why you should take part in this year’s Cheese Festival”
Perhaps more than ever before, there are many challenges facing our National Park as we look ahead over the next five years:
- Support for our farmers after Brexit
- Inspiring young people to discover, explore and enhance their environment
- The illegal persecution of birds of prey
- Rail haulage of crushed rock from the quarries
- The provision of fast broadband to our communities
- New housing and the retention of access to crucial services like primary schools and GPs
Plans for all of these and many, many more are included in the new draft National Park Management Plan 2019-2024. Now is your opportunity to have your say on what’s included and what’s not. Continue reading “Have your say: What needs doing in the National Park?”