- This event has passed.
Dark Skies Planetarium comes to Skipton! – An Indoor Adventure to the StarsSt Andrew’s Church Hall, Skipton | Newmarket Street | BD23 2JE
Our National Parks remain some of the darkest places in England and we are excited to include this event, once again, as part of the Yorkshire Dales Dark Skies Festival 2019.
Dark Skies Festivals are all about discovering, learning and enjoying the night sky and the stars you can see as a result.
Cosmos Planetarium is an indoor, state of the art, fully digital, 360° immersive multi-media theatre experience.
Shows last approximately 30 minutes and include a virtual tour of the night sky where we might:
- go thousands of years into the past or future
- see all 88 constellations in the northern and southern hemisphere skies
- see the wonderful ancient Greek and Roman constellation artwork.
- zoom in on planets to see surface detail as well as their orbiting moons,
- see nebula and star clusters in our own galaxy or fly out to other galaxies millions of light years away.
Sessions will be running throughout the day at
Click on the session you wish to book, to be taken to the Eventbrite booking page.
Adults £4, Children £3 (children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult).
If you would like to book places but don’t have access to a credit/debit card, please contact us on Tel: 01756 751650 or email email@example.com
There will also be a chance to try out a Virtual Reality headset.
Children’s craft activities, led by National Park staff, will be available between 10am and 5pm.
This event is part of the Dark Skies Festival which runs from 15 February to 03 March 2019.