- This event has passed.
Hill & Moorland Leader TrainingGiggleswick School | Giggleswick | BD24 0DE
March 15 - March 17
Get away from the paths and enjoy our wild places as a Hill and Moorland Leader. This qualification is ideal for walkers who want to learn the skills required for effective group leadership in the hill and moorland areas of the UK and Ireland. It is used extensively by those involved with delivering the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award as well as many walk leaders and outdoor instructors. Hill and Moorland Leaders operate in terrain that is generally more remote than that used by Lowland Leaders and not as steep or rocky as ground covered by Mountain Leaders.
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You should have at least a year’s worth of experience of hill walking
- You should have an interest in leading groups in the hills
- You must be a member of a mountaineering council: BMC, Mountaineering Scotland or Mountaineering Ireland (you can join one when you register if you’re not already a member) – find out why
- Must have attended a hill & moorland leader training course and completed the required consolidation days