Improve your Public Speaking. Fun Evening at SkiptonSoroptimists Room, 28 Otley St Skipton, BD23 1EW | 28 Otley Street | BD24 9NT
May 21 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 8:00pm on Monday, repeating until 21-05-2018
Craven Speakers Club welcome you
- want a stimulating, fun evening out
- need to give a talk at work, business, school or college?
- need to give a wedding speech?
- want to practice experimenting with different speaking techniques?
- want to gain support and confidence?
- – you don’t have to speak unless you want to
Craven Speakers Club is part of the Association of Speakers Clubs, with sister clubs at Baildon, Otley, Halifax, Clitheroe.. and more. We meet fortnightly to have fun and improve our speaking skills. We welcome new members and visitors. (It helps to have an audience!)
The usual format is: Two people each give a short speech (7 min) they have prepared. They may concentrate on certain features, such a use of voice, or gestures. Then two more experienced members of the club evaluate the speeches. We all learn from their suggestions. After coffee we have a session, a bit like the radio 4 programme “Just a Minute”. Volunteers are given a surprise topic and they have to talk for 2 minutes. This usually generates thought and laughter.
Come and find out. http://www. speakersclubs.uk