Medieval Music in the DalesBolton Castle | | DL8 4ET
September 6 - September 8
Medieval Music in the Dales is England’s one and only festival of medieval music. In the incomparable setting of Bolton Castle, it is a long weekend packed full of medieval music-making and enjoyment. This year the weekend focuses on the music of the twelfth and thirteenth centuries, in honour of the 800th anniversary of the death of William Marshal – often called England’s greatest knight.
- top-rate concerts from leading performers from the UK and France
- an international exhibition by makers of medieval musical instruments
- workshops on singing and instrumental playing
- talks and presentations on the music and history of the period
- living history from reenactment group The Household who will join with the musicians to recreate scenes from the Marshal’s life
- a medieval craft market
- our unique medieval tavern
Camping is available if you book a festival pass in event – and this is a great way to get the most out of the weekend as you can stay and enjoy the castle late into the evening. But you can also turn up on the day to enjoy what really is “A Castle Full Of Music”!