- This event has passed.
PA6a handlance or knapsacks18 Duke Street, Settle, North Yorkshire, BD24 9DN | |
October 8 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Handheld Applicators PA6a Knapsack or hand lance
As a professional user of pesticides you need to ensure you have the correct application unit for when you apply a pesticide. A professional is someone who makes an income somewhere down the line from the activities they are carrying out. As a result if you are a farmer, landscaper, game keeper or someone employed by a council or rail company this does include you.
Therefore if you use a knapsack on land to spray or apply pesticides as such as:
- Herbicides (weedkillers)
- Molluscicides (slugs and snails)
- Wood preservatives
- Growth regulators (products that influence plant growth) you will need the PA6a application unit.
The PA6a knapsack or hand lance course covers the following areas:
- Choice of knapsacks available
- Nozzles and how to choose the most relevant one for the task your carrying out
- Regulations in place that you should be following
- Understanding product labels
- Sprayer pre checks that you should be completing before use
- What to include on your environmental risk assessment
- Calibration of your knapsack sprayer
- Carry out a mock application of pesticide (food colouring)
- Explain how to dispose of any waste products or materials
- Cleaning and storage of your knapsack sprayer
- Completion of an application record
It is not about adding a dollop of chemical and a bit more for luck then waving a hand lance about!
There is more to it than that and as a professional you need to adhere to industry best practice.