- This event has passed.
PA6aw Safe Application of Pesticides To or Near Water18 Duke Street, Settle, North Yorkshire, BD24 9DN | |
October 8 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
PA6aw spraying to or near water
You need PA6aw if you apply pesticides to or near water, this includes river banks, dry ditches and footpaths adjacent to water courses. Please note that PA6aw only enables you to apply to or near water and not to any other site.
Prior to coming on this course you must have Award in the Principles of Safe Application and Handling of Pesticides PA1.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
1) Understand the legislation and safety regulations relating to applying pesticides to or near water using hand held pedestrian equipment.
2) Identify risks to the aquatic environment.
3) Assess the environmental factors relating to the mixing and application site.
4) Read and interpret product information.
5) Prepare and calibrate the hand held equipment.
6) Operate the hand held equipment.
7) Carry out post application procedures.
For more information about this course please click on the link below: