ROLO Health, Safety and Environmental Course18 Duke Street, Settle, North Yorkshire, BD24 9DN | |
October 21 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
The ROLO scheme (Registration of Land-Based Operatives) is available to everyone who works in the land-based sector. The scheme applies to anyone who is self employed, employees of companies or labour only.
If you work within the following industries, the ROLO course will apply to you:
- Ecology and Environmental Management
- Countryside Management
- Pesticides and Pest Control
- Landscape Construction and Horticultural Landscape Maintenance
At the end of the day, you sit a multiple-choice exam, where you need to get at least 75% to achieve ROLO accreditation. Thus on completing the ROLO course you can purchase an ID card which is valid for five years. In addition, you can also put other relevant training courses on the ID card such as pesticides, chainsaw, ride-on mowers.
If you’re planning to add other relevant training to the back of your ID card you need to ensure that the courses were either:
- taken in the last 5 years
- or attended an accredited refresher course with either Lantra or FISA
By the end of the course you should have a greater understanding of:
- key health and safety and environmental legislation
- your roles and responsibilities in relation to health and safety, as well as your employer’s responsibilities
- identifying hazards and risks and the action you need to take
The Lowe Maintenance Training website lists all the ROLO course dates planned throughout the year. Further details of other scheduled courses can be found here Lowe Maintenance ROLO course details.
For details of other forestry and land-based courses we offer that may be of interest click here Lowe Maintenance website.